Symantec AV 10.1/2 Context Menu

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

drewgraham

I've got a laptop that's had a pirated version of Symantec AV 10.1/2 installed. I say 1/2 because it's running XPSP2Pro and 10.2 is only available for Vista, but the dlls and exes say they're 10.2.

Anyway, I've got to get rid of it. I've done a manual uninstall, which was a fun three hours, and we're 95% there but there's obviously still remnants of it in the Explorer shell somewhere because when you right click on an icon, it pops up asking for the MSI file for a reinstall (don't have it), and also on startup.

There's no references to Symantec or suchlike in the explorer shell, so my Qs are how do I find what's causing this, and how do I get rid of it?

As far as I know Symantec=Norton;) What you have is a Symantec line of Norton antivirus.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online