1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Symantec Client Security

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by evo22, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. evo22

evo22 Thread Starter

I'm running a Novell 4.11 network for a non-profit, with about 35 to 40 nodes. We recently purchased Symantec Client Security and I have been piloting it in a lab with Windows XP environment. With a server and clients, of course some issues arose and I fixed those problems. This largest problem I'm experiencing is, I can't remove the packed install of the software from add/remove programs, when I try that it, prompts me for a password for the server and when I enter it, it indicates its wrong, so I tried removing it manually and it still shows up in the add/remove programs menu and doesn't have the remove button? I want to re-install the anti-virus program from the CD and I can only get the firewall to install on this workstation. When I click on install client security, it opens up the packager and attempts to install the anti-virus first and then the firewall. It stops the install of the anti-virus and a pop up box states problems installing first package stop or precede with next package. The next package is the firewall.

Any help would be greatly appreciated....

Thank you

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271265

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice