1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Symantec Script Blocking Error Message-HELP

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by macy1958, Apr 13, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macy1958

macy1958 Thread Starter

Hi, I am very new to this and would like to ask a question. I have a Dell computer with XP. I tried to do a Dell update for the Dell Support Center a few months ago. Since that update, I have constantly rec'd error messages that pop up-one right after another, over and over and over. It says:

Symantec Script Blocking has prevented a script message that could be harmful to you.

Application: sprtsvc.exe

Source File: c:\service \p dellsupportcenter

Object: FileSystem Object

Method: GetFile

There is a button that says ok. Regardless of if I choose ok or just click on the x to close the window, another one usually pops up that is very similar.

I spent 1 1/2 hours on the phone to the Phillipines with a Dell rep and still didn't get the problem fixed. It makes using the computer very unenjoyable.

If you have experienced this and can give me very specific instructions to stop this from happening I would appreciate your help.

Thank you,
    macy1958

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!