1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Symantec Script ??

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by joe2cool, Jan 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. joe2cool

joe2cool Thread Starter

Hi ! I have no longer any symantec programs & to my knowledge all traces were deleted.......

But when I go into 'Outlook' & click on toolbar wallpaper, which was an accessory added I get a popup saying Alert Symantec Script blocking has prevented a script action that could be harmful to you' On clicking OK another popup appears saying 'An error occurred in the script of this page....application MSHTH.EXE

:confused:

Also when I delete this toolbar accessory from add & remove it still appears on the browser even though removed ? :confused:

Any help would be appreciated

THX!!! :)

:cool:

2. $teve

$teve

3. joe2cool

joe2cool Thread Starter

Hi $teve appreciate your help , on another search found a few other Norton & symantec related files, so after getting rid of those...... the two previous popups have now disappeared. ;)

But I still have a problem with the toolbar wallpaper application :

1. On attempting to open it another popup occurs saying internet explorer script error on this page occurred ending with do you want to continue running scripts ?

2. Also as before even though it says removal of the program as been successful it still appears there ?:confused:

Any help is fully appreciated

THX !!

;)

4. joe2cool

joe2cool Thread Starter

Just wondering does anyone think 'Tweakui' might help? Anyone used this to effect? ;)

5. $teve

$teve

have you tried an un/reinstall of OE?

6. $teve

$teve

oh......before i forget...........can you use this joe?

Attached Files:

7. telecom69

telecom69 Gone but never forgotten

Hi Joe,not often you are in trouble lol, I would suppose you already have this this one,if not give it a try I find it very good ....http://www.vtoy.fi/jv16/index.php

8. joe2cool

joe2cool Thread Starter

Hi !! guys.....

Had to restore some 'Symantec' files found even though the anti-virus & firewall were so called deleted long ago. :)

Due to the fact problems occurred with the system restore, windows update after the above files were deleted & my original problem with the toolbar remained ? ;)

$teve appreciate the GIF....collecting quite a few now...CoOl !

Telecom69 thx for your input, so you'd recommend JV16 Powertools? ;)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/113743

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice