symantec wont install in client

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

masterkulas

hello again guys!

we installed symantec v10.x in win2k sp4. then i check the manage version9.x in the ssc, then the problem is everytime i run the symantec v9.x in the win98se as client it will prompt this way >> 'the server you have selected could not be contacted if you have a firewall installed. Please verify that the default inbound NetBIOS Name rule is disabled. Otherwise please select another server that is currently available to continue' << so this is the prompt i always received and the set-up will not continue..

please help guys those who know about this.

and if please tell me whats the correct configuration of the server.

thanks guys!

masterkulas

Have you tried installing it unmanaged then copying over a good GRC.dat from your server? To see if it then reports to the parent server? This should pull all the management pieces into the fold. Doe these windows 98 clients SEE the parent server in non Antivirus installations. I.E. can they go in and see any shares on this same server?

See this article -

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPOR...88256c3f0075a8f9?OpenDocument&src=bar_sch_nam

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online