1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Symnatec PC Anywhere has the blues

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by memmiller, Sep 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. memmiller

memmiller It's My Birthday! Thread Starter

Hello everyone and thank you for viewing this thread, hopefully someone has seen this before and knows the solution. so with no further ado here we go:
    Brand new compaq machines preloaded by mfg. running Win xp pro sp1, proprietary software to the business is the only additional software loaded aside from Symnatec PC Anywhere 10.0 and or 9.x. computer is host pc for a remote control after hours to upload new information, database, backup functions, etc... from minnesota this is done via dialup connection (I know but there is no other alternative for this for now). When tested locally it worked fine without a glitch, basic networking with file/printer sharing is going on. The host pc also has the proprietary software specified as a mapped drive so other employees locally can connect to it, use it and all is saved on one machine. Everytime that pc anywhere is launched and the connection is established the remote computer (not the host) gets nothing but a blue screen, I can see that he is able to do work control machine but he can't see anything that is going on. (the software is a dos based software with gui controls). has anyone ever seen pc anywhere do this before and if so what was the fix? Lets keep in mind that all this worked fine under a Win 98se platform.

all and any posts are very much appreciated!!!!! Thanks in advance as I am sure that there is someone who can answer this dilemia for me. looking forward to all responses.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273822

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice