1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Synaptics Mouse keeps turning on tap to click

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by th0m0-6, Jan 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. th0m0-6

th0m0-6 Thread Starter

Hello,

Lately I have noticed that my Synaptics pointing device keeps disappearing from the Notification area (Next to the clock)
    And when this happens my mouse starts doing the whole tap to click!

So what i have to do is type mouse in the start menu and open it back up to start the synaptics mouse options.

I've also tried updating the driver, it just says I have the most recent driver already installed.

I don't know why it keeps turning off and disappearing from the notification area.

- Any information to stop this will be appreciated.
    - Other Information

- HP Pavilion dv6

Synaptics PS/2 Port TouchPad
    Driver Version: 15.3.29.0

Ragards, Scott

2. HenrySpengler

HenrySpengler

Hi Scott,

I've got the same model laptop (HP DV6) with exactly the same problem.

Cannot access the mouse properties without first doing a system reset but even after that's been done the tap function (which I hate) soon returns and I lose access to the properties again, thus preventing me from turning tap off from the control panel.

I also get the following message as the reason for when the mouse properties stops responding via control panel:

'Windows shell common dll not responding'

Henry.

3. th0m0-6

th0m0-6 Thread Starter

I'm glad I'm not the only one now haha!

- seems like you're worse off than me

4. th0m0-6

th0m0-6 Thread Starter

Henry, I think I have solved it. Just completely uninstall Synaptics from your computer, then go to their website and just download their latest driver. I did this about 20 days ago, and I haven't had a problem since.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1087489

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice