Synaptics Touchpad Driver Closing

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

bengerszewski

Okay, on my laptop, the process SynTPEnh.exe governs the touchpad. For some reason, after my laptop has been on for a while, the process quits. If i restart the process, it usually closes again within 15 seconds of the process being restarted. Does anybody have any insight about what causes this and how it can be stopped?

Also, after i restart the computer, SynTPEnh.exe stays on for a while and the cycle i described previously continues.

aka Brett

Banned
Go to the PC manufactures site..download the latest driver..often times a new driver comes out to fix bugs etc.

Uninstall the driver through "programs" in the control panel...do not use device mgr

Reboot..install the driver you downloaded and saved...install and reboot.

bengerszewski

Thanks for the help. I've downloaded and installed the latest driver, and it seems to be working at the moment. I can't say for sure right now, but i will let you know if the problem persists.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online