Synaptics touchpad driver for Vista

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fred2028

So I wanna install it for my Vista Ultimate, but none of the editions will install properly. The version for XP installs properly but I cannot configure its settings ... The Vista version doesn't install completely. I really like the virtual scrolling feature, so is there an alternative?
I installed an earlier version (for XP) and it works, but I can't change the settings. I click the icon in the tray, click Device Settings tab, and click Settings under Devices. Normally a box should pop up but for me nothing at all happens.

Attachments

DoubleHelix

Banned
Maybe if you describe in more detail what happens when you try to install the drivers designed to work with Vista, someone would be able to help further.

fred2028

OK, update.
Hi, I've just upgraded from Windows XP Home SP2 to Windows Vista Ultimate on my Toshiba Satellite a100. I was wondering where I could download a driver for Synaptics touchpad that works? I tried the generic drivers from Synaptics' website, but they do not install completely (the second component always fails to install). Then I tried the ones from Toshiba's website, but The Vista-compatible ones display an error that says error code "#5B4 @10". Then I tried The Windows XP-compatible drivers, and they work perfectly, except the fact that I cannot configure enhanced features such as virtual scrolling and tap zones.
I click on the icon in the tray, click on The Device Settings tab, and whenever I click on The Settings button nothing happens. Any help?
Laptop is Toshiba Satellite a100 PSAA8C-0FH00E.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online