1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sync 2 Differnt Versions of Outlook?

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by WaRe, Apr 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WaRe

WaRe Thread Starter

I have a home pc and a laptop that i want to sync my outlook email so i can have both with all ready and current emails for the business that i am in.

Home PC
    Windows XP Pro
    Office 2002-2003 registered

Laptop
    Windows Vista Pro
    Office 2007-2008 (current version) registered

I want to Sync my outlook e-mail from the laptop <----> Home PC when ever i need too. Is that possible and how?

Thanks
    Dennis

2. gurutech

gurutech

This depends on how you have Outlook configured.

If you have Exchange, everything will sync automatically on the Exchange server. All you need to do here is make sure that both of your Outlook's point to the same mailbox on the same server.

If you are using "internet mail" (ie/ POP3), then your best bet is to locate the PST file in a location that is easily accessible by both computers, then tell each copy of Outlook to point to that location. The drawbacks with this are the possibility of duplicate messages (if you set both copies of Outlook to retrieve mail; and also you will only be able to use one copy of Outlook at a time, due to file-locking.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/703646

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice