1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Sync calendar from Outlook 2016 desktop to Android phone

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by ozegirl, Aug 29, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ozegirl

ozegirl Thread Starter

I have read the Microsoft articles on this but still a bit confused. I’m asking this on behalf of my son who is trying to get it to work.

If I have Outlook 2016 installed on a Windows 10 desktop, and using Pop email, is there an easy way to sync Calendar with an Android phone? From what I have read, it requires a Microsoft exchange server to do this, which I am not using as I am on POP. Also, it appears that perhaps it is only the email which can be synced, or if calendar is synced, it may not be 2-way syncing.

I’m not worried about syncing the email, just the calendar. I have found how to save the calendar as an iCalendar file and this can be imported into various Web apps. However it is a one-off import.

I can set up a gmail account with calendar on my desktop and sync that to the gmail calendar on the phone.

So I could enter each appointment on both my Outlook calendar and Gmail calendar, but that is doubling up. I may as well enter it straight into the phone, although using Gmail does have the advantage of syncing back to the computer from the phone if I am out and about.

I want to keep the Outlook calendar because it works with appointments received from email.

I’ve never had to bother about having a mobile calendar so I’m not sure how all this works.

I think there are 3rd party programs that might do this but I’m a bit wary of those not knowing which may be OK or not.

Also, I did a test import from my Outlook 2016 into Outlook.com by saving the calendar file. Now that I have imported it, the Outlook.com calendar has all the appointments there. I cannot seem to find any way of deleting the appointments other than one at a time – there doesn’t even seem to be a way of selecting or filtering eg find all appointments in a certain date range – is there any “Delete all” or way to select and then delete all in the selection?

2. Lokamp

Lokamp

Hi!
    You are right that 3rd party programs are a good solution in this case. The nice one is Akruto. It doesn't work with email, it is intended to sync calendars, contacts, notes, and tasks. The syncing is two-way, so you'll see all the changes you made across all your devices. Here is an article about it http://www.akruto.com/best-ways-to-sync-android-with-microsoft-outlook/

3. ozegirl

ozegirl Thread Starter

Thank you, it looks good.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1195490

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice