1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

SYNC in WMP 10

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by firestormer, Sep 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firestormer

firestormer Thread Starter

right ive got a creative mp3 player: zen nano plus 1gb
    but when i sync it dosnt sync the way i want it to. there are two basic ways to sync: u can tell WMP 10 to create a hirachy of files or not to. The problem when it creates a hirachy of files it creates folder for every album and artist, which adds up to way more then the folder limit for the player which means songs dont show up. if i dont chose to create a hirachy of files then WMP just dumps them in the root meaning my player is totaly disorganised.

F: - Music - Artist1 - Album1 - song
    Artist2 - Album2 - song
    Album3 - song
    - song
    Artist3 - Album4 - song

ABOVE: Diagramatic view of file structure

Heres the question: Is it possible to specify the way windows media player 10 syncs? can you sync to a directory? or is it possible to limmit WMP to only creting folders for artists?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!