1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Synchronising MS Access and Gmail databases

Discussion in 'Business Applications' started by TKSami, May 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. TKSami

TKSami Thread Starter

I use an MS Access database to store all my contacts and we use Google GMail Contacts for email.

At present, when I make a change to a contact in the MS Access data base, I then have to also make the same change to Google GMail.

Ideally, I would like to only have to make the change in the MS Access database and then have that change automatically reflected in Google GMail Contacts.

I know there is the import/export function but it is time consuming and cluncky.

Any ideas on how to steamline the process?

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2620M CPU @ 2.70GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 8148 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA Quadro 2000M, -2048 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 463427 MB, Free - 380051 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 08V9YG
    Antivirus: Kaspersky Anti-Virus, Updated and Enabled

2. OBP

OBP

I don't know anything about your problem, so I would look on the Google gmail help forum.

3. BPCS

BPCS

Using VBA to Google API is very cumbersome... but can be done. I can not show you an example in vba because of such. If you are going to use the google API I would suggest using .net VB or C#, esp if you are familar with access (vba).

4. TKSami

TKSami Thread Starter

Thanks that is helpful

5. nhck

nhck

Same exact situation here..

Unless there is already something out there, it will require writing an application using the Google Contacts API that reads them out of the access database, and sends them up to your google account using the API...

6. TKSami

TKSami Thread Starter

Thanks.

7. fitch7000

fitch7000

Thanks for the clarification nhck

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1055113

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice