Solved synchronize thunderbird across Apple devices without Google

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

andynic

Hi
I use Thunderbird as mail client on my desktop iMac preferring it to the Apple Mail app. I have recently purchased a Macbook 12inch. If I install Thunderbird on the laptop, is there a way I can synchronize the Thunderbird files so that mail with all its sub-folders that I have created, calendar, and tasks are up to date on both the desk- and lap-tops? This without using Google.
Thanks for your help,
Andynic

Triple6

Rob
If your mail service is Exchange/Office 365 then all you need to do is just setup the same email account on all devices including email, contacts, and calendar. If the mail service is IMAP then it can synchronize the mail folders but not calendars or contacts, unless it happens to support that like a Gmail account. If it's an POP account then you'll need third party programs to do it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online