1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

syncing samsung galaxy 3 to iphone and dell laptop

Discussion in 'Android Mobile Devices' started by sjbarrientos, Mar 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sjbarrientos

sjbarrientos Thread Starter

Hello,
    I have a Samsung galaxy 3 tablet, a dell laptop running windows 7 and an iPhone 4. I can't figure out how to sync my tablet to my laptop or iPhone. There is some kind of syncing going on because my email on my tablet has all of my folders there but when I open a folder it says there is no mail. And none of the contents in my regular outlook email folders is included in my folders on my Samsung tablet.
    I came across the Samsung kies 3 and also smart switch but honestly I can not understand where to start or what i am suppose to do or if one of these is even the right program to use. Then today I did a search and saw a suggestion to use side sync and a few others. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
    Well I can forget about side sync, I don't have a samsung laptop only a samsung tablet. and when it refers constantly to samsung andoid phone, does that also include my tablet, galaxy 3? My tablet is not a phone also and was wondering why I get lead to info including samsung tablets but it seems to turn out only referring to samsung phones. this is confusing to me.

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    is it just the email and contacts you want to sync ?

whats the 2nd part of your email address @???.???
    NOT the first part

you are using the program outlook on the Dell Laptop ?
    or you have outlook.com / hotmail.com email folders?

All the devices should be using IMAP (or if outlook.com ActiveSync)
    Then all contacts and emails should sync

I had a problem like this on Friday with a Samsung Tablet - it was because the PC was set to POP and deleted all the mails off the server , changing the settings to NOT remove the email from the server allowed the other devices to see the emails

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1143987

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice