1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Syntax Errors When Emailing External Contacts

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by Grimesy79, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Grimesy79

Grimesy79 Thread Starter

The PC I use at work utilises Outllok 2k3, I have it configured so that when I type in the addressees name and 'Ctrl K' outlook looks through my contacts instead of the Global Address List (GAL). Up until last week I had no problems.

Now when I send the email using the above method I receive the following message in the undeliverable report.

A syntax error was detected in the content of the message
    The MTS-ID of the original message is: c=GB;a= ;p=mod;l=CTSRSVRMTA1-071031114515Z-23807MSEXCH:MSExchangeMTA:COTTESMORE:CTSRSVRMTA1

This problems only occurs when emailing external contacts and it does not affect all users. If I open a contacts details and then email the contact the message is delivered. If I reconfigure outlook to look through the GAL first and then I select the addressee the email is delivered.

The problem only occurs when outlook is set to check names in the contacts address list and when the addressee is an external contact i.e not on the same site. The problem also occurs on whatever machine i log on to and is not specific to one machine.

I have created a new profile which did not help, I also created a new mailbox and this did not help. The problem, as I see it, is when adding an external contact using 'Ctrl K'.

Can you offer any advice?

Regards

Paul

2. Grimesy79

Grimesy79 Thread Starter

Anyone got any ideas?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645936

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice