1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

sys32 opens up when I boot windows xp pro

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by shollar, Feb 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shollar

shollar Thread Starter

:confused:
    For some reason when my dell 8400 boots up the sys 32 file folder opens automatically along with yahoo, msn, and microsoft active sync.. It's not a major problem because I just close the window but for some reason it started doing it today. THANKS :confused:

2. mike5532g

mike5532g

http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/xp_tweaks.htm

#260 system32 folder opens upon boot.

To use the VBS Files: Download .vbs file and save it to your hard drive (you may want to right click and use Save Target As). Double
    click the vbs file. You will be prompted when the script is done.

NOTE: If your anti-virus software warns you of a "malicious" script, this is normal if you have "Script Safe" or similar technology enabled. These scripts are not malicious, but they do make changes to the System Registry.

Yahoo and Msn have the option to start when windows starts up. You need to go into options to turn this off.

I'm not familiar with the other program, but it probably has a similar feature.

3. shollar

shollar Thread Starter

(y) :D Thank you very much-- no more sys 32 at boot up-- (y) :D

4. mike5532g

mike5532g

Glad to help :D (y)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/331409

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice