syscpy.exe

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Trpm

syscpy.exe

Does anyone know exactly what this file is or where it comes from, I have noticed it being referred to as a virus or Trojan but have seen no explanation of what it is or where it came from.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Trpm

Its definately a baddie.....................cant find anything specific on it but it should be shown the door.

Trpm

$teve,
I totally agree, but I would still like to know what I am dealing with and if there are any other files or repercussions that go along with it.
Thanks.
Trpm

I'd like to know too. I've seen a couple of posts on it, but no real information. Trmp, if you have it, does it do anything? Are you running a firewall and if so, does it want to phone home?

I've e-mailed a guy on another forum that has or had the spscpy.exe on his machine. I'll post his responce if and when I get it. He may have dumped it, I don't know yet.

As they say, stay tuned!

Trpm

Come on now people I have sen at least 30 infections of this and no one is reporting this, please give us some help on this problem.
Trpm

Trpm....I went to check on SpywareInfo forums and found you have already been there today. I'm going to lurk around a bit more and see what, if anything, I can find. It must be real new.

I wonder if Tony Klein knows?

BillC

I got in touch with Tony and here is what he said:
Hi BillC,

I'm fine. It has been the best summer ever, but it's over now. Autumn has set in with a vengeance.

About Syscpy.exe, it's either a hijacker or a trojan, but without examination of the actual file it's impossible to say anything sensible about it.

If you come across a copy, I'd appreciate it: [email protected] .

Take care!
So if anyone sees it, lets send him a copy too.

Trpm

Tony has not recievied a copy of it yet either.
We are all still looking...
Trpm

Marlin............Feel free to place a reminder of this file in the "To all T.S.G techies" thread,it will be stickied for a few days.

;)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online