system administrator

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

christine20273

i am having problems getting to the system administrator, i set it about 1 year ago and cannot remember who i set it under, there are 3 user accounts and all tell me i need to contact system administrator to remove programs.

Welcome to TSG!

What OS are you using?

It may be possible to delete the password file and that will reset to a default administrator account with no password. I have used that with NT4 and W2k, but am not sure that it still works with XP or Vista.

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
On the Welcome screen hit CTRL ALT DEL twice. That will bring up a logon screen that will allow you to logon to the Administrator account if you know the password. If you don't know the password, site rules don't allow us to help get around it.

Once you are logged on to the administrator account you can change the other user accounts to administrator type.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online