Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

system alert little yellow triangle

2K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  mrcomp 
#1 ·
I have seen several threads about this but they all say this is for that poster only so here is my question.

I keep getting those system alerts spyware detected.... Earlier I had one that said malware but after running spybot search and destroy it has stopped. I know nothing about computers but how to turn them on. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I have Norton as my anti-virus and it blocked a bunch of stuff but it is all greek to me. I just want the pop up to go away.

#3 ·
There were some pop ups but after running spy bot they have stopped but the little triangle thing pops up every now and again. On my kids profile it pops up but it is all gibberish like someone just types a lot of letters.

Thanks for your help. Should I still try that major geek thing?

#7 ·
The link I gave you in my post is a free program. Do not fix anything yet without professional help.

Here are the instructions.
1. Download the HijackThis Setup Program
2. Save HJTsetup.exe to to folder of your choice, then navigate to that folder and double-click HJTsetup.exe to start the installation.
3. By default, HijackThis (HJT) will be installed in a folder called C:\Program Files\Hijackthis. A "desktop icon" or shortcut will also be created by default.
4. Accept all default options by continuing to click Next or Install during the setup process.
5. When you click 'Finish', HJT will automatically open, so you can perform your reference HJT scan.
6.Now click on Scan & Save Logfile.
7.After scan is complete it will save the log for you.
8.Open up the Notepad document and copy it's contents into a post in the forum I specified that can be found Here

References: http://wiki.castlecops.com/HijackThis_download_and_Installation_Instructions

#8 ·
I guess I am too stupid to figure it out. I still do not know which files to download there are several on that page and all the ones I did download did not give me any prompts. So I am lost. Thanks for helping but I guess I am helpless. This crap it too complicated for my ignorant mind. I guess I just have to live with it.

#9 ·
Well hang in there the problem can be fixed. Here. Try this then.

Now, download SuperAntiSpyware from the link below.
https://www.superantispyware.com

1.Once on the website choose the free edition and save the setup file to your desktop.
2.Install SuperAntiSpyware
3.Open up SuperAntiSpyware.
4.Now click on Scan Your Computer
5.Under the options choose Full System Scan
6.Let the scan finish. *This may take about three hours or more depending on the size of your hard drive*
7.Once the scan is finished remove all spyware threats it finds.
8.On prompt, restart your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.