1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System Anylizer and more

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Wogster, Feb 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Wogster

Wogster Thread Starter

Hello,

First question:

I'm not sure what I'm looking for, all I know is the I haerd there's such an anylizer out there that will keep an active scan of your cpu and keep record of things like motherboard temperture, if your fans are working up to par, memory problems, any type of system trouble... Has anyone known of such programs, and/or if they're free to download?? (I use Win98) .

Secondly:

We use Windows Explorer 6, everytime we go into the browser, we get a messege saying "script error", and do we want to continue "yes or no". What should we do here to stop this message from appearing...

2. Jtoast

Jtoast

Lots of programs out there that CLAIM to do everything you mentioned. Haven't found one yet that actually works as claimed.

As for IE6, go to windows update (open ie, select tools, windows update) and install all the IE updates(sp1, etc)

3. Wogster

Wogster Thread Starter

Hi there, I'd love more than anything to update this old version of Win98, but unfortunately it won't do anything when I go there. It goes to start scanning my computer, then it freezes, then I have to reboot... this has been going on since Microsoft changed the look of their update website. Why would this change anything? I would also like to ask you, if you know... I keep hearing about Win98 SE, how would a person get upgraded to that? I can't upgrade this old Intel PII 434 Mhz to except Win XP, so I'm stuck forever with 98, but now it would not let me do upgrades...

4. dogbonz

dogbonz

Hi Wogster.

Microsoft calls it "Virtual Machine". But it's
    really Javascript.

IE 6.0 did not have it, as Bill Gates got the guys
    over at Java upset. Part of the big lawsuit was to
    force Microsoft to pay for it, or at least acknowledge
    it.

Go to www.java.com and download the version of
    Java that works with your OS. It's free.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118850

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice