1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System auto-start settings asks for MSI645.tmp

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by PatP3005, Apr 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PatP3005

PatP3005 Thread Starter

The last few days, I've been getting a Behavior Shield Question from my anti-virus (Avast). I'm running Windows XP.

The file in question isn't always exactly the same, but it seems that it has consistently been MSI*.tmp.

I did a boot-time scan yesterday and it found something about a Global*Something*Toolbar (don't remember exactly but sent it to Avast). I Deleted that. It didn't find anything else.

Right now it is asking to run the following:
    Program: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\MSI645.tmp
    Resource: System auto-start settings
    Target Object: \REGISTRY\MACHINE\SYST...\PendingFileRenameOperations
    Request routed via: C:\WINDOWS\System32\MsiExec.exe

I don't know if I should Allow or Deny because I don't know what wants to do it :confused:

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4 CPU 2.80GHz, x86 Family 15 Model 4 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 2550 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) 82915G/GV/910GL Express Chipset Family, 128 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 73186 MB, Free - 21994 MB; D: Total - 29282 MB, Free - 24780 MB; G: Total - 953867 MB, Free - 861619 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc. , 0M3918, , ..CN7082153602X4.
    Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/991579

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice