System Automatically turns on

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

majmom5

OS Windows XP Home. When I properly shut down my computer system the computer will automatically turn on. Last night I turned it off at 10:00 pm. I got up at 2:00 am, the computer was running. I shut it down again, got up at 6:00 am, the computer is running again. Last week at 4:30 pm I was in the den, the computer was not turned on, I was reading and the computer automatically powered up. I feel like gremlins are haunting us. I have cable, use Norton Firewall and Antivirus. My system is always updated with Windows XP critical updates and my antivirus is updated. One of the tech guys at work says even though you shut down a computer, it is never really shuts down. He says there may be a problem with the power switch. He suggested after I shutdown my system, unplug it.

When I mention this to people they look at me strange. I haven't lost my mind. What's happening? I need help. :confused:

Dell Computers have an option in their BIOS that starts it automatically, but this doesnt keep turning it on and on again. For Dell, i believe its F1 u push right when the logo is up, other computers acces differently.

Hope that helps

majmom5

OS Windows XP Home. How do I access my BIOS setting to turn off wake up options.

My Dell does that too, but I turn off the power at the power strip to keep it from selfstarting, I'll check the bios and see if I can fix it there.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online