system background processes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

psicomaka

Hi!!!!
I just want to know wich processes running in tne background are tottaly necesary and wich ones are not, because i just have 128 ram and i dont want my pc to be slow.
I have windows xp home and right now i'm just using the internet explorer and the goggledeskbar and my internet conetion is LAN, broadband of 600megas.
I noticed that some processes of my printer are working eventhough i am not using it... for example lexbeces.exe and lexpps.exe, I checked the programs at the startup with aceutilities and i only have running at startup the antivirus KASPERSKY ( kav.exe).

I just formated the computer and before installing some new softwares the list of running processes (the list that appear with CONTROL+ALT+SUPR) WAS VERY SMALL, but now is bigger.... i copied the pocesses runnign right now and here there are :

Program memory used

kav.exe 550KB
wdfmgr.exe 32KB
svchost.exe 332KB
kavsvc.exe 928KB
alg.exe 96KB
explorer.exe 8.348KB
iexplore.exe 16.204KB
lexpps.exe 168KB
spoolsv.exe 396KB
lexbces.exe 40KB
svchost.exe 104KB
svchost.exe 664KB
taskmgr.exe 1.524KB
svchost.exe 10.544KB
svchost.exe 1.416KB
wmiprvse.exe 4.689KB
lsass.exe 1.684KB
services.exe 1.052KB
winlogon.exe 1.364KB
crss.exe 1.404KB
smss.exe 32KB
ggviewer.exe 424KB
system 40KB
inactive process of the system 16KB

can someone help me ?
Thanks...

Hi,

You could try using this link to help you decide: http://www.sysinfo.org/startuplist.php?type=&filter=&count=100&offset=0

Search for the letters before the .exe - example:

lexpps

N lexpps.exe For Lexmark printers. From Lexmark: "This enables bi-directional printing over a peer to peer network. If the printer is connected directly to your PC, the file is not used, (or should not be used) at all". It is known that firewalls can however alert you to "lexpps.exe" requesting server privileges

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online