1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

system backup

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by dyerc, Jan 10, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dyerc

dyerc Thread Starter

I am upgrading to a larger HDD, and want to copy my complete 10 Gig drive to the new 20 gig drive. How do I do this?

2. Styxx

Styxx Banned

Check out the tutorials at: http://www.pcnineoneone.com. Usually a application like DiskImage or Norton Ghost is combined with installing the new HDD temorarily jumpered as the Master Slave then switching.

3. dyerc

dyerc Thread Starter

I appreciate the reference to pc911, I have added it to my favorites, but didn't find information pertinent to my current problem of copying my whole system to a new disk. Your reference to DiskImage and Norton Ghost, however may be the answer. Thank you, I will check them out.

4. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi dyerc, welcome to TSG.

Your new hard drive should have come with a floppy disk that will make it very easy to copy your old drive to the new one.....if per chance you didn't get this, just go to the hard drive manufacturer's website and download the utility. Maxtor uses MaxBlast, Western Digital uses Data Lifeguard.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64630

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice