Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

System Boot Fail??

2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  cozzie2002 
#1 ·
Hi Im running Vista 64bit on my computer and all of a sudden it wont boot up properly.

My machine is (sorry if bit vague not 100% without looking on comp):

Asus Crosshair Motherboard
AMD Athlon FX Dual Core 64bit
2 Gb of DDR2 RAM
Gefore 8600GT
SATA 250GB HD

Firstly it will play up by powering up then cutting out, but then I figured out sometimes if i keep pressing the reset button it will power up long enough to display something up on screen then comes up with this message:

System boot fail
Your system last boot fail or POST interrupted
Please enter setup to load default and reboot again

So I have done this and it either just crashes or starts to show the Vista loading bar but just stays like that for hours. Also the screen every now and again will be all glitchy (eg text is not readable and random marks across the screen.

I have tried putting the Vista disc in and it just says windows is loading files the bar gets to 100% and nothing...it just hangs again.

It did this once a week ago and I managed to try all of the above, then unplug it all come back to it about 4 hours later and seemed to boot...but not this time :(

Now I am very worried as my other machine has started doing something similar:

It says

Hardware Initiate Failure Please check device
The bios does not be installed press (g) to continue!

Dont ask me how I have this working at the mo I unplugged everything, had the windows disc in reset bios to defaults etc a mixture of that somehow has this machine working...

Please help anyone am completely baffled :(

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.