1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System booting issues

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by A3kh4, Jul 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. A3kh4

A3kh4 Thread Starter

I have turning on issues with my computer. I was gone for 2 months after unplugging and properly shutting down the computer. And returning to a system that can start but show no signs in the keyboard, mouse, and monitor starting up. I have already gone threw many many videos and q and a pages but all not seeming to work. I first figured that it was my button battery. Therefore I replaced it... still no show in life... I checked all wires and cables to make sure they are properly plugged in but everything seemed to be in tacked. My specs are
    -prime b450 plus
    -windows 10
    -digital storm vanquish seven chasse (upgraded from original vanquish 7 form)
    -gtx 1660 oc
    -hyper 212 rgb black edition
    -ryzen 2400g
    -4x4 gb ddr4 ram
    -original power supply
    Please help me!!

2. A3kh4

A3kh4 Thread Starter

Not to mention I have already checked beep codes with a one short beep respond from an ASUS mother board ( vga detected/ keyboard non responsive)

3. lunarlander

lunarlander

If you have a spare power supply, try that.

4. replay

replay

yeah....original power supply doesn't tell much

5. lunarlander

lunarlander

I mean if you have a differnt power supply, see if that one can boot the system up.

6. replay

replay

-hyper 212 rgb black edition
    -ryzen 2400g
    -4x4 gb ddr4 ram
    -original power supply
    Please help me!!

i mean from his list

7. A3kh4

A3kh4 Thread Starter

Alright the power supply is a 600 watt and no I do not have a spare. I wouldn’t think I would need one only for owning the pc after 6 months.

8. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You need to list the exact pw supply ie corsair xxx678 or whatever.
    Next since this system sat for a while, do the following;
    1 System OFF, reseat both atx and aux pw connectors on the board
    2 Reseat all ram. While the ram is out, blow out the slots with a can of air
    3 Clear cmos or as asus calls it RTC using the jumper
    4 Pw ON and see if you get the board to POST

9. A3kh4

A3kh4 Thread Starter

Thank you for the tips I will find out the exact power supply and attempt all of the following you have listed... as soon as I get a coffee I was up all night lol.

10. A3kh4

A3kh4 Thread Starter

crjdriver thank you for the following you have told me to do but after attempts of what you have told me it still has not gone to POST. Therefore I have come to consider that the geek squad will solve this issue lol. For I cannot figure it out on my own. I need your fingers crossed that it isn’t a fried motherboard. I will let you know what happens when I get it back. Btw I’m sorry to those that thought they could use this q and a to help there situation.

11. replay

replay

Still no mention of the power supply

12. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Honestly the geek squad is the very last place to take anything. It would be MUCH better to go to a real shop. By shop I mean just that a shop that does builds, installs networks, maintains servers, etc; NOT a chain store.

13. A3kh4

A3kh4 Thread Starter

Welpness thanks for the tips...

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1230372

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice