1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System cannot recognize any usb devices.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by leonwoo, Apr 7, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leonwoo

leonwoo Thread Starter

Hi,

I just reinstalled the operating system for my laptop. For some unknown reason, its "1 key recover" installation cannot complete (I tried several times). Anyway I still can log in and it looks not so bad. So I tried to install all drivers for devices with yellow mark until everything looks ok. After I plugged in a usb stick, I can hear the voice which means system found it. But I just cannot see the storage. In device manager, the new device was listed with a yellow mark. Asking windows to find driver can solve this problem easily. But the annoying thing is for every USB devices, I have to manually install driver. And some device seems not as good as before. I have tried to install the latest usb 2.0 drivers.Any suggestions are appreciated.

Best Regards,
    Leon

2. JennyJackson01

JennyJackson01 Account Closed

Hiya Leonwood.

Until the last line, I was thinking you`d installed the basic 1.1 drivers ... Make sure you`ve downloaded the correct USB2 drivers for your particular make & model number. I`ve had drivers run through the motions of installation on-screen but not actually installed anything as they were the wrong ones for the mobo.

If you`re running an Intel CPU, make sure you run the .inf utility before installing the other drivers, that tells the system what it`s playing with.

Jenny

3. leonwoo

leonwoo Thread Starter

Thank you. I just downloaded a general USB2.0 driver. I will try to find the drivers for my model.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/915271

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice