1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System Configuration Error and no Boot up :(

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by tsap2010, Jul 20, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tsap2010

tsap2010 Thread Starter

Hi i bought a COMPAQ pc, windows XP desktop in 2003 at a local Best Buy. I was creating a second user account for the system when it froze and shut down. Upon restart, the loading Windows XP black load screen that shows up right after power returns froze and a window came up saying system configuration error. I am currently 20 miles from my house ,and on a different computer obviously, but the i can remember that the error tells me that if problem is not fixed please call the number in my computer manual. I would LOVE to avoid waiting on the phone please help !~~!! :) please..My only solution i could think of was using the system restore disk but i do not even know if the boot up goes far enough for the PC to read the disk. Please help and thank you for your time.

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Hi and welcome. See if you can start in safe mode. For a system this old, I doubt you'll get anywhere calling the number in the computer manual anyway.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!