1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System Configuration Utility Config System

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ljman, Jan 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ljman

ljman Thread Starter

I am using Win 98 2nd Edit. I have a Pentium 111 600 w 28 Gigs. Under the Config screen I see a yellow pencil, the box is unchecked and it reads Devic =C:\Windows\Himen.sys (yellow Pencil) rem C:\windows\emm386.exe REM Header. I notice when I start up on the black screen it says something about 386 Drivers not installed. Pls help. Thx

2. LarryCore

LarryCore

Can you list those lines out individually? It all ran together so I'm not sure what goes where.

Is it REM Header for instance?

Also, is the computer working ok, other than "saying something about 386 drivers"?

------------------
    Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech:
    LarryCore begs for money

3. ljman

ljman Thread Starter

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by LarryCore:
    Can you list those lines out individually? It all ran together so I'm not sure what goes where.
    Yes I can Larry. First line as a box which is unchecked w a flag next to it. On that same line it reads Device =C:\Windows\HIMEM.Sys. On the 2nd line it shows the yellow pencil then Rem C:\Windows\Emm386.exe. On the 3rd line it shows REM (Header) I did notice one thing when she boots up it states that the 386.exe is not present and pls reinstall. Otherwise the PC is working fine.
    Is it REM Header for instance?

Also, is the computer working ok, other than "saying something about 386 drivers"?

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

4. LarryCore

LarryCore

It shouldn't be trying to load emm386 if there is a REM in front of it...

At boot, press F8 over and over, to get the boot menu. From this, choose Step by Step. Say yes to each line, and note which one causes the error.

Oh, could you go to Start, Run and type in SYSEDIT, then copy and paste your CONFIG.SYS file here?

------------------
    Get free stuff and help out a poor computer tech:
    LarryCore begs for money

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/35107

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice