1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

system configuration utility

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Jim Wulf, Dec 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jim Wulf

Jim Wulf Thread Starter

In XP Home I have some programs that open at bootup that I don't want anymore. I went into the System configuration utility program and clicked on the Startup tab. I unchecked quite a few of them and then rebooted and it worked, they don't appear at bootup anymore, but they are still in the Startup program in the system configuration utility program. I tried highlighting and then right clicking to click on delete but it gives no option to delete them. How can I get them out of the Starup folder?
    Thanks, Jim

2. Basementgeek

Basementgeek

3. zephyr

zephyr

Get RegCleaner (see link below) and run it. Click the "Start-up" tab (top left screen area) and it'll list all the programs that are of concern to you. Tag the box on any that you want to drop from the list and punch the "Remove Selected" button to complete the process.

If you make a mistake and want them back, they'll be found under the "Backups" tab there in RegCleaner. You can dump them from there when you so choose and they'll be gone forever.

You can even create your own Registry keys using the "New" button. Cool stuff, what?

RegCleaner does many other good things well so get acquainted with all it has to offer. It's freeware status is getting shakier by the day so get it while you can. It's still free on the link I have listed in my Signature area but many site are selling it.

Any ??

Good luck.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/187771

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice