system configuration

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

rekab1

All my utility programs such as CCleaner say I am using xp professional and when I right click on my computer
and call up properties it say's I am using xp media center edition. what gives?

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Windows XP Media Center Edition is Windows XP Professional with additional media enhancements.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Hope you do not mind the advice. CCleaner is an excellent utility, but our advice is not to use the registry cleaner aspect of the program.
Generally unless you are absolutely sure you understand the implications of altering or removing registry entries do not do so.
At your convenience, and when of course you consider the matter resolved would you please mark the thread SOLVED

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Hope you do mind the advice. CCleaner is an excellent utility, but our advice is not to use the registry cleaner aspect of the program.
Generally unless you are absolutely sure you understand the implications of altering or removing registry entries do not do so.
At your convenience, and when of course you consider the matter resolved would you please mark the thread SOLVED
rekab1:

Don't use any registry cleaner/booster/optimizer/tuneup type program, no matter what it claims it can do. They do little-to-nothing to improve speed or performance, but what they're good at doing is breaking programs and damaging the operating system.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

Don't use any registry cleaner/booster/optimizer/tuneup type program,
I agree.

In addition, EVERYBODY should use ERUNT to automatically maintain the latest 30 daily versions of the Registry and allow for restoring them, even to a non-bootable system.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online