1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

system configuration

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rekab1, Jan 12, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rekab1

rekab1 Thread Starter

All my utility programs such as CCleaner say I am using xp professional and when I right click on my computer
    and call up properties it say's I am using xp media center edition. what gives?

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Windows XP Media Center Edition is Windows XP Professional with additional media enhancements.

----------------------------------------------------------------

3. rekab1

rekab1 Thread Starter

Thanks for the info

4. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor

Hope you do not mind the advice. CCleaner is an excellent utility, but our advice is not to use the registry cleaner aspect of the program.
    Generally unless you are absolutely sure you understand the implications of altering or removing registry entries do not do so.
    At your convenience, and when of course you consider the matter resolved would you please mark the thread SOLVED

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    rekab1:

Don't use any registry cleaner/booster/optimizer/tuneup type program, no matter what it claims it can do. They do little-to-nothing to improve speed or performance, but what they're good at doing is breaking programs and damaging the operating system.

-----------------------------------------------------------------

6. rekab1

rekab1 Thread Starter

Thanks for the advice, Im done

7. surferdude2

surferdude2

I agree.

In addition, EVERYBODY should use ERUNT to automatically maintain the latest 30 daily versions of the Registry and allow for restoring them, even to a non-bootable system.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/974236

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice