1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System Cop fake Spyware help

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by 1604ANDREW1604, Sep 3, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 1604ANDREW1604

1604ANDREW1604 Thread Starter

Hi all,

On my computer somehow or another someone installed this annoying program called SystemCop. It is obviously just a fake spyware program and its all just about hassling you until you buy the full version from them. I understand there are a couple of ways to get rid of it and came to the conclusion to use a program to get rid of the darn thing(as i thought it was safest). That is, rather than manually deleting the files or launching a program in safe mode or whatever. Im still open to those options though if you recommend them but basically I want to get rid of it completely without having to worry about any of those problems anymore. In other words I want my computer to be like it what it was before the program was installed with no worries about keylogging, identity theft etc. I have tried superantispyware but it didnt detect it undsurprisingly and I scanned with Spyware Doctor and it found all the threats, only I need to buy the full version which I am prepared to do if its the only or safest way. I was going to but decided to ask techguy first =P

Bare with me as I am only 14 and dont know everything about this as it is my first encounter with spyware, viruses and all of that.

Thanks in advance for any help at all or any clarification about what has been said.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/857833

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice