1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System Crash "Parameter is incorrect"

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by sabry4u, Dec 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. sabry4u

sabry4u Thread Starter

Hi,

I am working on Dell inspiron 1525 and Windows XP SP3. For the past 2 months, the machine get crashes down occasionally. For the past 2 weeks, it is crashing down now and then with a error message as "Parameter is invalid" with a "OK" button. But before you do anything the system crashes down. Many a time you wouldn't even recognize what is written in the pop up box, it was so fast while crashing down. I tried removing all the unwanted softwares in my system and it still persist. The crashing down happens mostly when I am visiting video streaming sites such as youtube, netflix,...etc.

Please help me fix the issue.

Thanks,
    Sabry

2. Freemorrison

Freemorrison

Are you using Spy Bot - is that installed on the system?

3. sabry4u

sabry4u Thread Starter

As far as I know... I am not using anything called SPY BOT...! Please let me know if there is way to find it.

I actually installed few softwares like... "Uniblue registry cleaner", "Driver Detective", "Advance System Care"...! But I removed them now... and still experiencing the system crashes.

One more information is that when I watched closely over the title bar of the pop up screen that comes before crashing down,has the directory path as..."C:\Program files\intel\wireless\bin\ifrmwrk.exe"

Does this help???

4. Freemorrison

Freemorrison

I'm afraid those dangerous apps like Uniblue Registry Cleaner and ASC have removed some vital entries to your system.
    "C:\Program files\intel\wireless\bin\ifrmwrk.exe"
    This is a valid program that is required to run at startup, and now it seems to be missing.
    If it was just the SpyBot giving you the invalid parameter you probably would have been able to fix this.
    Any time you use a registry cleaner you take the risk of having to do a fresh install, to bad it's been going on for months as you may have been able to use system restore to go to day before you installed the registry cleaners.

5. sabry4u

sabry4u Thread Starter

So you suggest me either to restore the system to its defaults setting before the install of these apps (or) re install the OS?

6. Freemorrison

Freemorrison

If you open up system restore and you srcoll back the months and see "Installed Uniblue"
    "Installed ASC" - ya I would give that a shot.
    You can always undo the last system restore if it doesn't help.
    That's pretty far back so?

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/889095

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice