System crash

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

johner210

My computer has been crashing lately, many times it happens when the computer is coming out of hibernation. This is the most recent one.

Stop code: 0x40000080 (0x8a6ac130, 0x89f4ff30, 0xba4d7bb8, 0x00000003)

Please help in identifying and fixing the problem.

Attachments

Looks like network card driver. Download latest for you OS from Intel, uninstall old ones and upgrade. Also, try using one of preconfigured power modes.

johner210

The site said all my drivers are up to date.

If it matters the computer is a Vostro 200 Desktop with windows xp service pack 3. Is there any other information I can give that might help?

blues_harp28

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Where the blue screen error is reported, is not necessarily where it first started and may not be the cause.
Some reasons for Blue Screens
New hardware - Software installed.
Device driver - Video driver - corrupted - faulty.
Faulty Ram - Overheating - Dying hard drive etc.

Check Device Manager
http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch000833.htm
Click the + sign to expand all entries.
Check for exclamation marks.
If a driver is needed - always go to the manufacturers website.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts