1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System Crashes @ onset of games

Discussion in 'Games' started by Squid71, May 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Squid71

Squid71 Thread Starter

I would like the answer to this problem....whenever I try to game in any type of position, situation.......I am frustrated. I think my 9800 pro is quitting on me slowly, and I dont know for sure, since I just replaced my motherboard and processor with a combo from Monarch Computers(ASUS A8V Delux-64Bit capable) and athalon 3200+.
    I am running out of places to find answers, because I there seems to be noone out there capable of figuring out this pickle.

Online work is normal and as usual. Whenever I try to play an online game, the system restarts itself. EVERY TIME :confused: sdssdsd

2. blastradius

blastradius

are you running any firewalls, such as zone alarm? if so have you enabled them to run your game?

3. blastradius

blastradius

try ending background processes one by one and see if it makes a difference. if you dont know how to end them, let us know and ill go into more detail

4. neosage

neosage

As you've replaced the motherboard and CPU you've essentially created a self-build pc. In my experience the one thing a senf-build pc suffers from that shop-spec systems don't is overheating. What happens is that the pc is fine idling away running windows desktop, or an office application, but as soon as the CPU, memory and video RAM come under load thereby increasing their voltage, for eg when you load up a directX-enabled game, the components immediately heat up and fail under load. This is especially true of AMD-based CPU's.

I'd therefore suggest overheating as being your problem. There should be space for at least one fan inside front and one fan inside back of your case, possibly more. For about £4 per case fan I'd suggest installing as many as you can (remember to position so that front-mounted fan draws air in, and rear-mounted blows air out, to keep air moving over the internal components).

I've had this exact problem myself after replacing my motherboard, the extra fans sorted it for me.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/364984

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice