1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System Event Agent

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by UBAGirl, Feb 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. UBAGirl

UBAGirl Thread Starter

I need some help. I had loaded Chat Checker onto my system to track my kids IM messages. I realized it was not working because when I went to the website it said that Chat Checker hadn't received any messages from my computer in 10 days. When I ran trouble shooter it said I need to change my logon with the System Event Agent. I followed their steps but when I had to select a user to logon under System Event Agent Properties it asked me for a password which I am not sure what password it is. I do not have passwords attached to any of our user account. I tried putting in my password that I use to connect to the internet but when I tried to restart the service it said it was an incorrect login. I have a Dell desktop and am running XP home edition. Any help?

2. Frank4d

Frank4d Retired Trusted Advisor

If you don't recall setting a password when you installed Chat Checker, maybe the password is just blank?

3. gurutech

gurutech

It's asking for a password that is used when you login to the machine. If you can click on your name and not enter a password, then you should leave that password field blank. If you click on your name and have to type a password to get into XP, then use that same password for the System Agent login.

4. UBAGirl

UBAGirl Thread Starter

When I select the user account the password and confirm password box show black dots like there is already a password. When I try to select ok it says I need to enter a password. When I try to leave it blank the service won't start. I do not use a password to ever logon to XP. I am not sure what elese to try.

5. gurutech

gurutech

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542567

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice