1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

"System Failed CPU Test" w/o Monitor Failure

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by BobbiJaye, Jan 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. BobbiJaye

BobbiJaye Thread Starter

Let me start by giving you my specs:

AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3200+
    I gig of RAM
    Radeon 9800AGP Graphics Card (256)
    SoudMax Digital Audio Speakers
    Asus Motherboard though I can't be sure of what number it is, it should have been one of the newest ones at the time I bought it last September
    4 fans

Alright, so I wake up this morning and my speakers are continually looping "System Failed CPU Test." I can mute the system, but that doesn't work...the only way to stop it is to unplug my speakers from the back of my computer.

I've read other people who have this problem with one major difference. My computer is still fully functional. I can see my screen and type and use is just as if nothing was wrong. *knocks on wood.* It COULD be that it just hasn't gotten to that point yet...but others have said that it started with a crash. All of my fans are running, as the SelectTech guy suggested I check. So I'm stumped.

How do I get my speakers to shut up?

Bobbi

2. natcom

natcom

have you reset the bios sometimes that works

3. natcom

natcom

you can desable the internal speaker but there is a reason why you keep hearing that can be related to some kind of compatability issue with your video card or ram also did you try to overclock this cpu ?

4. BobbiJaye

BobbiJaye Thread Starter

I don't know what overlocking a cpu is, or how to reset my bios...so chances are that I haven't done either.

Just seems odd that six months after I bought the thing, it would start with issues. You'd think this would have started back in September.

Bobbi

5. natcom

natcom

I dont know computer problems can happen any time did you buy this computer or had someone make it for you ?

6. natcom

natcom

you need to get into the bios and reset then see if pressing the delate key and tab key on your keyboard will get you into the bios read on the manual how to reset the motherboard to defeat if you tell me your Asus Motherboard model I can help you with that

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!