1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System File Checker

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Julie_40, Oct 1, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Julie_40

Julie_40 Thread Starter

I ran SFC and said: System File Checker Identified that the following files may be corrupted:

TCPTEST.EXE
    SHTML.EXE
    FP4ANSCP.DLL
    FP4ATXT.DLL
    FP4AWEL.DLL
    FPEXEDLL.DLL
    FP4APWS.DLL

C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\MicrosoftShared\WebServerExtension

I had 3 options and I clicked to ignore as I didn't know what more to do...

If anyone can help me out..Greatly Appreicated

Thanks,
    Julie

PS::
    The reason why I did the SFC is cause my computer is still Crashing/Freezing up on me from my previous post in here and thought I best check to see if i had corrupted files and sure enuf, I DO!!!

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

I believe they are all associated with Front Page Express. Are you currently using or having any problems with that program?

If not you can just ignore them. Otherwise Front Page Express would have to be reinstalled I presume.

Also, I'm not sure if any Security Updates would cause SFC to misread the new files as being corrupted. Unfortunately SFC has a history of mis reporting in these matters.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168766

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice