System File Checker

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Julie_40

I ran SFC and said: System File Checker Identified that the following files may be corrupted:

TCPTEST.EXE
SHTML.EXE
FP4ANSCP.DLL
FP4ATXT.DLL
FP4AWEL.DLL
FPEXEDLL.DLL
FP4APWS.DLL

C:\ProgramFiles\CommonFiles\MicrosoftShared\WebServerExtension

I had 3 options and I clicked to ignore as I didn't know what more to do...

If anyone can help me out..Greatly Appreicated

Thanks,
Julie

PS::
The reason why I did the SFC is cause my computer is still Crashing/Freezing up on me from my previous post in here and thought I best check to see if i had corrupted files and sure enuf, I DO!!!

I believe they are all associated with Front Page Express. Are you currently using or having any problems with that program?

If not you can just ignore them. Otherwise Front Page Express would have to be reinstalled I presume.

Also, I'm not sure if any Security Updates would cause SFC to misread the new files as being corrupted. Unfortunately SFC has a history of mis reporting in these matters.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online