1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System File corrupt possible

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Joeleis1, Sep 3, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Joeleis1

Joeleis1 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Keith
    Hello,
    I just signed up for your Tech Support Guy and wanted to ask if you might be able to take a look at my current Error report from the Sys Info. in my Windows 7 OS running, because when i go to test by the certain SFC scannow, i haven't passed and i had difficulty w/my sound at first and then the sounds back but something isn't right about the incorrect files corruption and the other thing, Intel's got a lot of their own control in operating and i uninstalled a couple of the (maybe-needed) driver assistant for instance, not working and then the DSA tray executable app didn't function at all and in the error report it sure shows up over and over.

Well, sorry for the bit of rushed message, i'll just post and see if you can have a take .. (?) First off, how would i copy the report and plop it here or...i'll wait for possible reply. Thanks.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 2
    Processor Count: 4
    RAM: 3894 Mb
    Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics, 1723 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 167 GB (120 GB Free);
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0C522T
    Antivirus: 360 Total Security, Enabled and Updated

2. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    Please follow the steps below to help troubleshoot your system. Let me know if you have any questions.

Step 1:
    Download Speccy to your desktop

1. File > Publish Snapshot. This saves your snapshot to their servers
    2. Copy and Paste the link to your next Reply

Step 2:
    1. Click on Start menu
    2. Type command to start searching
    3. Right click on command prompt in list and select Run as Administrator
    4. Copy and Paste each the commands after the numbers below into the command prompt and press Enter key

1. sfc /scannow (best to run 2-3 times, rebooting after each time)

2. (Windows 8 or higher)
    dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

If any Errors are found with sfc /scannow then:
    Copy and Paste the following command, and press ENTER:
    findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"
    This will copy sfcdetails.txt to your desktop
    Upload sfcdetails.txt file

3. MD "%userprofile%\desktop\SystemDiag"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SystemDiag\systeminfo.txt"&msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SystemDiag\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /c:20 /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SystemDiag\SystemLog.txt"&wevtutil qe Application /c:20 /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SystemDiag\AppLog.txt"
    1. This command will create a new folder on your Desktop called SystemDiag
    2. Compress files into a .zip file Systemdiag.zip
    3. Upload the Systemdiag.zip file from your desktop to your reply

3. Joeleis1

Joeleis1 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Keith

Attached Files:

4. Joeleis1

Joeleis1 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Keith
    dckeks
    Hi I copied the 3rd steps complete link that you have provided and nothing happens when i hit enter after copying it to the start orb's command entry.
    + i'm having some real issues with my sound on computer and i think it's all related to the components and every since yesterday during a Dell update and test session the optical DVD player will not stay close or even close and then it came back w/alert that the test could not be completed with disc media in the player. Sorry there's nothing in the player and in fact i used it all of what a few times. I think after year and going on a half-new computer i'm getting the typical ware down(s).

Thanks.

5. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Try using crystal disc info to see the condition of your HDD. If it is green you are fine. If yellow or red you need to replace it.
    If you have a spare HDD or can buy one try making a fresh install to see if it helps solve your problem. (Optional).

6. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    For Step 3 - Follow these steps

Click on Start menu
    2. Type command to start searching
    3. Right click on command prompt in list and select Run as Administrator
    4. Copy and Paste the full command in the code box into the command prompt and press Enter key

Code:
    MD "%userprofile%\desktop\SystemDiag"&systeminfo > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SystemDiag\systeminfo.txt"&msinfo32 /nfo "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SystemDiag\msinfo32.nfo"&wevtutil qe System /c:20 /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SystemDiag\SystemLog.txt"&wevtutil qe Application /c:20 /f:text > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\SystemDiag\AppLog.txt"

7. Joeleis1

Joeleis1 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Keith
    Dang! I typed the above MD...exactly as it is shown and it began processing i waited for the bar or the download or it was well underway and sudden box comes up indicating that it could not find the specified path....So, strike out on that one I guess.
    Also are you referring to Hard Drive on HDD cause mine's SSD and it's about year old. The corruption of the files though, i'm sure is what is happening for instance, the optical drive, DVD player, after Dell test i rant plopped open and now remains and my friend at work said it's high probability that that's direct result of windows corruption and a reinstall or repair should put it back in order. the thing is, though, i don't have a reinstall disc or repair and wasn't prepared. I purchased this Optiplex Dell a year ago and the guy at the shop is friend and he told me today he does not have a licensed copy of Win. 7 that he can give me. He highly recommended windows 10 and the site to download it "free" and I'd like it etc...but the thing is that isn't the thing I'd rather do. I didn't like it when it was already on this computer before i bought it and i asked for the Win. 7 and he installed it and i didn't anticipate him giving me the OS or the copy when i left the shop but certainly i expected today to get one and that's the resulting on that one and he said it would be more to my better computing to go w/10. Ok, well now i need to get going with Win. 7 to most likely end up reinstalling a brand new copy because i'd rather stick with windows 7.

8. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    I am not sure why the command is not working. Lets try a different option that may work better for you. Once I take a look at your logs we can determine what repair options would be best. Also if it comes down to a repair or clean install I can help you with that as well.

Download MiniToolBox and save it to your desktop
    1. Right click on program and select Run as Administrator
    2. Select to Run All options
    3. Click Go and wait patiently
    4. After it completes (a reboot may be needed)
    5. MTB.txt will be saved on your desktop
    6. Upload MTB.txt file to your next reply

9. Joeleis1

Joeleis1 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Keith
    dckeks, Thanks a lot I'll try this other method tonight (or now) and thanks for the pre-message of obtaining or getting windows 7 reinstall if it comes down that path. I was looking about for pricing and the different methods. Tonight my computer's much better and the sound has come back and is loud and the DVD is still plopped open but again i think that that is all software related.
    Ok well i'll get right to it on the procedure now.

10. Joeleis1

Joeleis1 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Keith
    Here's the Mtb text from the Scan !

Attached Files:

• MTB.txt
      File size:
      26.1 KB
      Views:
  11. Joeleis1

Joeleis1 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Keith
    Thanks TXbullet, I appreciate your suggestion. For now, I'm working with dck on a method he put up that rendered a scan report this evening and so from the info. in it, we'll probably get some better idea of what next protocol to try. I have a SSD in the Dell mini PC i purchased about a year ago. It's pretty nice!

12. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    I am glad to hear it is working better. Was this after running the steps above or did you do anything different?

Are you able to close the DVD drive manually when the computer is shut off? If so, does it open back up after turning on the computer?

It also looks like you may have a couple Intel drivers that may have issues. Please create Restore point and then follow step below.

Step 1:

Go to Intel Driver support
    Run the Auto Detect Driver Tool to check for any Driver updates

Step 2:
    Run Chkdsk

1. Click on Start menu[/*]
    2. Type in command[/*]
    3. Right click on Command Prompt in list and select Run as Administrator[/*]
    4. Copy and Paste the command into the command window

chkdsk C:/r (Change to the correct driver letter if needed)

Important! If SSD then use chkdsk /f[/*]
    If the following message is displayed: Choose Y

"Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
    process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be
    checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)"

Click on Start menu
    Type in command
    Right click on Command Prompt in list and select Run as Administrator
    Copy and Paste the following command into the command console
    This will create a file called ChkdskLog.txt on your desktop
    Upload this file to your next reply

wevtutil qe Application /rd:true /f:text /c:1 /q:*[System[Provider[@Name='Microsoft-Windows-Wininit']]] > "%USERPROFILE%\Desktop\ChkdskLog.txt

Step 3:
    Rerun Minitoolbox
    1. Right click on program and select Run as Administrator
    2. Select to Run All options
    3. Click Go and wait patiently
    4. After it completes (a reboot may be needed)
    5. MTB.txt will be saved on your desktop
    6. Upload MTB.txt file to your next reply

13. dmccoy

dmccoy

First Name:
    Darrin
    I forgot I also found the following error. Sorry for the edits.

The platform firmware has corrupted memory across the previous system power transition. Please check for updated firmware for your system.

Please download and update your bios from the following link: Please verify that this is the correct model of your Dell system. If not then lookup by service tag or model. This is for the Optiplex 980.

https://www.dell.com/support/home/us/en/04/product-support/product/optiplex-980/drivers

Last edited: Sep 7, 2018
  14. Joeleis1

Joeleis1 Thread Starter

First Name:
    Keith
    I ran chkdsk and it seemed to indicate that the files were fine. I didn't understand how to put the SDD symbol in you provided so i copied exactly or typed it in and then it came back as unrecognized...so when i typed and ran chkdsk it ran through the process.I also updated the Bios and it went ok, as well.

AND the link to Dell's drivers, (i appreciate it but apparently isn't happening). These same drivers EVERY time i go on that site to update, shows up that are available from the system detection and again, i follow the link and download each accordingly and they unzip then install and it shows successful with the exception to one of them that is on a downgraded or older driver then the one that I have installed already and so i deny further installation on that one. But when i go back on the Dell site and allow the auto detection those drivers will be listed for updating and it alerts to download manually because of the auto install isn't available at this time and that's all the time, by the way.

Here's the 3 that Dell's detection list or have as necessary updates:

Serial ATA |Intel Rapid Storage Technology (Pre-OS Install) Driver
    Chipset |Intel Chipset Driver
    Chipset |Intel Unified AMT6 HECI Driver

Any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

Last edited: Sep 8, 2018
  15. texasbullet

texasbullet

First Name:
    Ramon
    Try post #5. You will get all of your Hard Drives results within seconds.

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1215879

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice