1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System Files

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by provo_33, Jan 12, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. provo_33

provo_33 Thread Starter

Hello,
    Ok my problem is that i recently had a virus on my computer it was like winservices or something like that and tcpsvs32 so i went through my windows\system and found them and deleted them now when ever i try to open something it says "Windows can't 'C:\Program Files\ICQ\Icq.exe'. You may have typed the name incorrectly in the Run Dialog, or another open program cannot find a system file. To search for a file, click the start button, and then click search." I use ICQ just for an example but its like that for everything they only thing i can open is my Internet Explorer. I would like to know if i should reformat my computer or if you have a better idea i would be gratful if you got back to me as soon as possible thank you

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

3. Davey7549

Davey7549

provo_33
    Welcome to TSG!

Beside the link Candy has given you... you may also want to run a free online scan at housecalls to make sure you do not have other Viruses lurking. You may have to do the fixes first in Candys hyperlink before housecalls since I believe Yaha messes around with .exe files.

http://housecall.antivirus.com/housecall/start_corp.asp

Dave

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112836

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice