1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System freezes. Driver problem

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by gibsonus, Apr 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gibsonus

gibsonus Thread Starter

My system freezes only when i use video encoders(main concept, tmpgenc etc...). Occassionally i get the chance to error report and microsoft identifies the problem as being caused by a device driver(unidentified). I can't track down what exactly is causing it and i don't get a blue screen error message.

Otherwise the system is stable.

Tyan tiger mainboard, twin athlon 2000+mp cpu's. Mercury Nvidia geforce 2 mx graphics card, creative sound card, Samsung 120GB hard drive, Pioneer DVR 105 and 106, 3COM 3C920 integrated fast ethernet controller.

I know twin cpu systems can be funny but this really is the only problem i have.

The graphics drrivers are signed.

Any help would be appreciated. :confused:

2. Lobos

Lobos

have you updated your drivers i know nvidia just had an update recently

3. gibsonus

gibsonus Thread Starter

Yeh done that. Thanks.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/221916

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice