1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System freezes incessantly

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by nmithani1, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nmithani1

nmithani1 Thread Starter

Everyday, especially, whenever I use a download manager, Vista starts freezing and un-freezing with the mouse freezing in its place and shooting across the screen when Vista un-freezes. The download speed falls dramatically (~650 KB/s to ~250 KB/s) every few seconds coinciding with the freezing and un-freezing.

It's not the fault of the download managers, they're not out-worldly, Vista incompatible softwares; I've also tried multiple download managers, Flashget 1.73 and Internet Download Manager (latest) are the ones I am using presently.

Whenever I use these download managers, at the most a browser and iTunes are running, apart from the standard background processes.

Considering my system specs, this is mind-boggling. Secondly, this skipping and freezing never occurs on my brother's laptop in using these softwares even though its specs are half of what mine are, and we both use Vista Ultimate.

My system specs:

2. gwashington

gwashington

i purchased a gateway laptop a few weeks ago. it freezes up so much. i think its the HD .But i bet its VISTA.mines freeze more online or media player is going. i reduced to 16 bit resolution and tons more stuff.Office Depot is hating on me.If i cant get XP PRO/home . i will toss my 900$laptop into the river as a disgust to MICROSOFT!

3. nmithani1

nmithani1 Thread Starter

I too would ditch my Windows Vista PC for an iMac in a heartbeat if I didn't dislike the iMac's display.

4. normalee

normalee

Think it's a VISTA thing instead of a laptop/PC manufacturer thing. I have 2GB memory and the memory shows about 51% at all times. Something is wrong, but haven't narrowed down what it is. Hope someone that has used VISTA home premium longer than I have has some ideas. I will not throw the laptop in the river as a show of disgust to MS, that would hurt me more than them. MIGHT switch to UBANTU or something similar however.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/590667

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice