System goes back into hibernate mode

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Doogie

This is an annoyance rather than a problem, but there must be something I am not doing that I should (or vice versa). I use hibernation. Most problems that are posted relate to either hibernation not working or going into hibernation prematurely. For me, hibernation works jusy fine, but there seems to be a time limit involved when coming back. If I start to do something - even just moving the mouse - everything is fine. If, however, I am out of the room or for some reason cannot act soon (sorry, I don't know what the specific time is), the PC will go back into hibernate mode and I have to re-start it.

Any suggestions?

Doug

right click on open space on the desktop goto properties i beleive its under the engery saving button under screen saver you can set hybertane settings there

Do you have a shutdown scheduler? Do you have the machine set to hibernate after a time interval of inactivity in Power Options?

The same settings may also exist in BIOS setup for sleep/hibernation after an interval. Check power options there, too.

Doogie

Thanks folks, but my power settings are:
  • turn off monitor - 30 min
  • turn off hard disk - never
  • system standby - after 1 hour
  • system hybernates - never

Doug

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online