1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System hang at startup

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Intrinsicferalis, Dec 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Intrinsicferalis

Intrinsicferalis Thread Starter

I began to notice my computer hanging at start-up a few months ago. It would do all of its normal booting sequences as normal, it would even start that progress bar when Windows begins to load... but after (what I presume to be the computer finishing loading Windows) nothing happens. Black screen. My TV screen and my monitor go into standby mode. After holding the power button to turn the computer off, I would restart it and it would start normally, no complications.

After a month, it would require -two- of these reboots to get it to run. -Today-, when I started the computer, before the computer did -anything-, I got consecutive, rapid beeping AND it took 3 shutdowns to get the computer to respond.

I'm not a computer tech, but I wanted to venture a bad boot sector? Any information (relating to the computer >>) I'd be happy to give if it helps.

As this post is located in the Windows Vista section, I'm sure a guess can be made as to the operating system. :D

OH! I should mention that this happened -before- too. Eventually my system's performance degraded to where I had to completely reinstall Windows. I -really- don't want to do that again, that's why I'm here.

Perhaps it could be a Windows update that's being a pain? It seemed to happen when I downloaded an update from Microsoft... so perhaps that could be a possible problem?

ANY and ALL help is completely appreciated!
    -Brandon

2. dai

dai

what are you running
    video card brand and model
    cpu
    m/board
    ram
    power supply
    brand
    model
    wattage

check the listings in the bios for 12v line voltages and temperatures and post them

you can check the bios beep codes here

www.bioscentral.com

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083002

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice