1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System hangs up when running Dos programs with Graphics

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by klehma, Feb 9, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. klehma

klehma Thread Starter

I'm Running Win 98 on 266Mhz Pent II 64 Mb ram.
    I have several dos based programs that I use to design Speaker enclosures. I want to run then in a window so that I can switch between them. The program will boot up fine and the data entry part is text based but when I go to graph results the computer locks up and I have to reboot.Control/Alt/ Del does not work. When I had Win 95 they all worked fine in a window and could switch between them.
    They all work in MS Dos mode only but the time it takes to get to Dos mode and then back to Win 98 is very irritaing plus I can't switch between them.
    Is there a way I can set the properties of the programs to allow them to run in a window?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/35851