1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

system hangs

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Neesh, Apr 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neesh

Neesh Thread Starter

My system hangs and runs extremely slow. it is inconsistent sometimes goes for hours but ususally 10 - 15 minutes after roboot. I dont think it is a hardware issue, because i can work in safe mode for hours. Ive run a virus scan with norton 2004 and no viruses, any help is appreciated, cheers

2. rayearle

rayearle

Neesh,

That pretty well narrows down the problem causer(s) to what's started and running that's different between a normal versus a safe boot. Determine what programs are involved and manually start them one by one from a safe boot until the problem reoccurs. It may be a combination of circumstances.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223566

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice