1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System/hardware Problems

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by deepdiev, Jan 19, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. deepdiev

deepdiev Thread Starter

ok so i have multiple problems.
    1. my system's psu will sometimes fail randomly while i am trying to install the os (WinXPMCE'05). any thoughts on why or how i should fix it? i initially had a 500w raidmax but replaced it with a 650w antec because i thought it didnt have enough power.
    2. i cant install my os. this could be due to me setting my one and only sata drive as raid, but i started to set it is ide in order to solve the problem. initially i couldnt get passed the formatting section of the windows installer until i switched it to ide. now, i cant get passed the 'saving files to disc' section. an error message always pops up saying

"classpnp.sys
    page_fault_in_nonpaged_area
    STOP: 0x00000050 (0xFFFFFFE0,0x00000001,)xF791600E,0x00000000)
    classpnp.sys - adress f791600E base at F7915000, Datestamp 41107ec2"

OR

"CRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL"
    STOP: 0x0000000A (0xF00027CD,0x00000002,0x00000000,0x8084CD0C"

i didnt put the entire thing but this is what it says sometimes, othertimes i get error messages not exactly alike, but similar.

i cant tell if it is a software problem or what, but this is bugging the hell out of me. this must be my 23rd time rebooting. help by anyone would be appreciated. thanks.

here are my system specs, everything is out of the box, new. i only installed necessary equipment, others will have to wait as soon as i get this stupid OS to work.

Intel DG965WH mobo
    Core2 Duo E6400
    G.Skill 2x 1gig ddr2 (only 1 installed)
    Seagate 320gig Sata 3.0 HDD
    Samsung DVDRW/CDRW
    Floppy
    raidmax 500w PSU (installed but antec 650w available)
    g-force 7900gs GPU (not installed)
    Raidmax case w/ 4 fans (fans disabled)

2. telegramsam

telegramsam

3. deepdiev

deepdiev Thread Starter

the current computer that i am on does not support Sata, so is there another way around that? should i just bring it into a shop?

4. telegramsam

telegramsam

Does the power supply run the board? This is a pre-boot utility, so if you KNOW one of the PSU's is good, hook it up and run the utility.

You'll have to burn it to a disk...

Or better still: go to www.ultimatebootcd.com

Download the basic version and burn a bootable CD. That has SeaTools on it, as well as a whole bunch of other usefull stuff, like memtest86 which will be your next test if the hard drive survives the tes.

5. deepdiev

deepdiev Thread Starter

so the hd is fine, it works, i partitioned it temporarily and i wiped it clean. then when i tried to load windows... it begins copying files and then a blue error screen comes up.

CRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
    STOP: 0x0000000A (0xF00027CD,0x00000002,0x00000000,0x8084CD0C)

could it be the OS?
    also is there perhaps a faster way for me to reach you, via aim for example.

6. bigbear

bigbear

If you have RAID enabled in BIOS, disable it

7. deepdiev

deepdiev Thread Starter

it is disabled, i set it as IDE. does anyone know how to disable caching and shadowing in BIOS?

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536710

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice