1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System has recovered from serious trouble

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by nosrej312, Sep 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. nosrej312

nosrej312 Thread Starter

after changing my internal modem my pc keep on nagging me at startup that it has recovered from a serious problem..ill just ignore it and it will work with out any problem...how can i stop this windows xp from telling me that it has recovered from serious problem....thanks for any advice.

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

Did you uninstall the old modem from device manager before replacing it?

If not you may have a serious driver conflict as the old driver remnants are fed to the new one.

Have you loaded the correct drivers for the new modem?

3. nosrej312

nosrej312 Thread Starter

yes i have completely uninstalled the old driver...the new modem came with an installation cd that i have also installed.... The error signature goes like this....BCCode:1000008e BCP1:C0000005 BCP2:804f2906 BCP3:F100c774 BCP4:00000000 OSVer:5_1_2600 Sp:0_0 Product:256_1...any idea what this mean?...thanks

4. Firah

Firah

Recreate the pagefile:

Right-click My Computer> Properties> Advanced> Performance> settings> Advance> virtual memory> change.
    Check: No Page File. Click 'set'. Cleik 'yes' after the message.

Click System Managed Size. Click OK a few times and reboot.

If not, try turning off System Restore, reboot, and turn it back on.

5. nosrej312

nosrej312 Thread Starter

Hi Firah!...thanks for the advice....the problem just went away without me doing anything....anyway ill try your advice next time i encounter the same problem again....thanks!

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!