1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

System Idle Process slowing me down!

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by Live_Wire, Jan 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Live_Wire

Live_Wire Thread Starter

several times per day the system idle process will take up around 95% of my cpu. not sure why, it does go down eventually but only to around 65%. why does my system keep idling like that if i'm using it?

2. WhitPhil

WhitPhil Gone but never forgotten Trusted Advisor

When the CPU is completely busy, it will be running at 100%, and the total of all processes that are using it, will total 100.

But, when the CPU is not completely busy, it means there is CPU left over, that has to be allocated to something. That something, is the IDLE process. IE: Whatever percentage you see assigned to it, is the percentage that you PC is IDLE (or not busy doing something)

So, if you are experiencing sluggishness, it it something other than the IDLE process.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/430366

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice